January 05, 2007

Celebrity-itis

So I switch on my telly at 8.30pm this evening to find that on 3 of the 5 terrestrial channels are showing 'celebrity' based programmes.

BBC1 - Just the Two of Us - 'celebrities' paired with has-been singers who murder, sorry, duet together on well known songs, eventually voted off by the public.

ITV - Soapstar Superstar - Current and Former soapstars sing and are voted off by the public.
CH4 - Celebrity Big Brother - they live in a house, being 'normal', the public watch and vote them out.


Excuse me.....but what the FUCK is going on?

No, I do not wish to listen to/see over-the-hill celebrities singing songs, going to the toilet, singing more bloody songs, chopping carrots, bitching and moaning.

I would like proper programmes, ones with actors in (who don't feel the need to sing or complain about being famous), a well written drama or a documentary, something to make you think.

I would like to vote off all the 'celebrities' involved in the three shows, the production companies that make them and the moronic press who give them far too much publicity.......and throw them into a big pit filled with petrol and light a match.......and laugh as they all burn in hell.....

Or I could switch my telly off and read a book instead.

1 comment:

Bazza said...

You could also listen to some music, I hear there is a Soapstar Superstar album just released.