September 11, 2006

I currently stink of developer, the smell is ingrained in my hands. No biscuits for me tonight then, *grumble grumble*.

Not much of a weekend really, had to work on Saturday after saying goodbye to a workmate on Friday. It meant no drinking but I really wasn't bothered.

Went to see A Scanner Darkly on Saturday evening. Weird little film, as you would expect from a PK Dick adaptation. Good script from Richard Linklater, some very funny bits (the bit with the 18 speed bike is priceless) and this is a shocker - Woody Harrelson in decent acting scandal, he's very well cast as stoner Eddie.

Saw Right At Your Door on Sunday. It's about a 'dirty' bomb attack in LA. It was crap. Written with a stick, the characters changed their tone in almost every scene. I found myself questioning what they were doing and mentally saying 'they wouldn't do that'. As for plot twist, if you pay attention, you'll work it out about 30 mins from the end.

Hopefully will catch Little Miss Sunshine, The Queen and an advanced screening of Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby on Thursday. Not sure that I'll see the Black Dahlia. One Scarlett Johanssen is in it and I find her annoying, Two as a massive Ellroy fan I can't help but feel that I'm going to be disappointed.

No comments: