February 25, 2007



So it's Oscar time.....I would 'live blog' but I have to get up for work at 5am.....grrrrrr.

Here are my predictions......

Actor - Forest Whitaker in The Last King of Scotland.
Actress - Helen Mirren in The Queen (should be Judi Dench though!!)
Actor in a Supporting Role - Alan Arkin in Little Miss Sunshine.
Actress in a Supporting Role - Jennifer Hudson in Dreamgirls (but Abigail Breslin should win!).

Adapted screenplay - Patrick Marber for Notes on a Scandal.

Best Picture - a wide open field this year....it's a toss up between Babel and Little Miss Sunshine. For me....Little Miss Sunshine....I loved the film. I found Babel too 'worthy'.

and finally.....

Best Director - Martin Scorsese for the Departed. Come on! He lost in 1980 to Robert Redford and in 1990 to Kevin Costner for fucks sake. The Departed may not be his best film but there are still flashes of genius there......come on....you know it makes sense!

I wonder how many I'll get right......

No comments: