March 11, 2007

I see that David Cameron is due to unveil another ill advised plan tomorrow. I get the feeling that he really doesn't want to be elected as PM.

What on earth makes him think that his plan to give people a 'green air allowance' will work?

In September of last year I bought 3 tickets to Los Angeles. The tickets cost me £400 each (not bad for flying during Easter). The actual ticket price was £240. The cost of all the security taxes, green taxes etc was £140, oh and then Gordon Brown put up air passenger duty so that was another £60. It's now becoming a big cost to cover but if we don't do it, we wouldn't get to see my Dad again.

If you save hard and want to visit other places on the planet and escape this hell-hole, why are we being penalised? The thing I don't understand is that the money raised via the 'green tax', should go back into green inititatives, right?......oh no....that's right....it'll go to reduce tax for 'families'. With the combination of this hairbrained scheme and Labours toll road plans, I get the feeling that politicians want us to all stay at home!

No matter what we do to reduce our own carbon footprint, if other countries like the USA and China don't take the issue seriously then our efforts will be futile.

Right I am off to
here to offset the C02 from my flights.

No comments: